Saturday, December 8, 2012

Two Views of Flipped-Mastery in Action

I recently came across the following video by Karl Lindren-Streicher (@kls4711) on his excellent blog which provides a look inside his flipped-mastery social studies class.   I recently posted a video of my own flipped-mastery course, so it was great to see what a fellow educator's class looked like from the inside.

Below is Karl's time-lapse video, which is followed by the one I created a few weeks ago.  You will notice some commonalities between the two, students are active and engaged!  We did not record "our best lecture," but instead captured students engaged in various learning tasks.  You will also notice that Karl is able to spend a considerable amount of the class time talking with students and helping them individually as they work through their assignments.  This is one of, if not the most, important advantage of flipped learning practices.

A Day in a Flipped History Class (by Karl Lindren-Streicher)



Flipped Mastery in Social Studies (by Tom Driscoll

1 comment:

  1. Love this post and love this blog! I just joined your Google spreadsheet and I am looking forward to seeing how others are using the flipped model for social studies. Even though I was a history major, I have been teaching science for the past few years, so I am not new to flipping, but I am new to flipping in social studies. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete