Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Learning at Flipcon14 & ISTE







Next week I have the incredible opportunity to attend and present at #FlipCon14, the 7th annual Flipped Learning Conference hosted this year in Mars, PA.  Below is my "fixed" schedule, but I am just as (if not more) excited to engage with incredible educators from around the world throughout each day.  It will be exciting to meet so many of the colleagues and friends in my PLN in person for the first time.


LEVEL UP WITH GAMIFICATION & GAME-BASED LEARNING (Concurrent Session A)
Tuesday, 1:00 -2:00pm (Room 94) 
I'll be joining Tim Downing and Dan Harrold in this session to discuss our experiences with gamification and game-based learning in the classroom.  We will also hold a 20 minute panel discussion with both on-site and virtual attendees. 

FLIPPING 2.0 BOOK PANEL (Concurrent Session B)
Tuesday, 2:00 -3:00pm (Room 94) 
Following the Gamification Session,  I will be joining Jason Bretzmann and the Flipping 2.0 Panel to share our experiences and provide insight regarding the next levels of Flipped Learning.  

FLIPPED LEARNING: THE SECOND ITERATION (Plenary Session 3)
Wednesday, 11:00am -12:00pm (Room 94) 
I'll be joining a panel discussion with Jon Bergmann, Aaron Sams and the other contributing authors of Flipped Learning: Gateway to Student Engagement.    

If you are attending and would like to catch up at some point, please feel free to reach out so we can make it happen!









I am honored and excited to be joining the incredible team at the Highlander Institute for this year's ISTE conference.  Some members of this rockstar crew include Shawn Rubin, Dana Borrelli-Murray, Roshni Mirchandani, Eric Burash, Stephanie Castilla, and Cathy Sanford.

I will also have a chance to meet up with some awesome members of my PLN such as Karl Lindgren-Streicher (it's crazy that we have never met in-person), George Phillip, and Kate Baker.  I'll also get to catch up with the Kate Reilly and the team at E-Line Media (Historia Beta).

I was told that I should definitely attend student poster sessions and the "Bloggers' Cafe."  Therefore, if interested in catching up while at ISTE, you will probably find me in one of these spots!

Hope to see many of you in Atlanta!

No comments:

Post a Comment